Medical Laboratory Technician Clinical Director
Pima Medical Institute
Colorado Springs, CO
Coordinate the clinical education and instruction of students in the Medical Laboratory Technician program.
- Secure new clinical sites and contractual agreements.
- Review student success rates by class and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Monitor competency evaluations and clinical records with students. Arrange orientation for students to each clinical education site.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Visit clinical sites to review and evaluate students’ clinical performance and progress. Coordinate with site instructors to ensure clinical education is effective.
- Coordinate the clinical education for the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) program. Coordinate and revise the clinical education plan. Recommend changes to the Program Director.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a regular site for students. Coordinate the scheduling of students within the department. Develop clinical objectives and evaluations.
- May assist the Program Director with student applicants for admission into the program.
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct students in MLT techniques.
- Perform the duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician instructor.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of practical experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician or technologist.
- Must be currently credentialed by a nationally recognized and accredited agency as a medical laboratory technologist or technician.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in related field preferred.
- Must hold current teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in content area.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.