Medical Laboratory Instructor - (MLTor MLS) - Part-Time | On-Campus
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Instruct and implement the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
M, W, F - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm OR 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials for semesters.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student needs and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plans to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community field trips, and visits to MLT clinics.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with the Medical Laboratory Technician program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Monitor students in the laboratory. Assist students with lab procedures and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- Assists Clinical Director in monitoring students’ clinical progress.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree from a regional or national accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Three (3) years of practical experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Technologist.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in a related field preferred.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in content areas.
- Must hold a credential from a nationally recognized and accredited agency as a medical laboratory technician or technologist.
- If applicable in addition to the above criteria, must have a current license, certification or other designation as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and computer skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $25.80 to $36.15 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program