Student Success Specialist - Online Education
Provide support and assistance for the Online Student Success Departments
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED OUT OF THE
TUCSON CORPORATE OFFICE
- Assist the Office of the Registrar with scheduling courses, registering enrollments, billing, transcript processing, education verification, records maintenance and other key functions as needed.
- Assist the Student Services department with student reach-outs and sending correspondence to students; advising and coaching as needed.
- Assist the Student Services department by monitoring student reports regarding academic progress, attendance, and records maintenance. Assist with report building and report maintenance.
- Assist the Career Services department with commencement ceremony tasks, correspondence to current students and graduates, job board and records maintenance.
- Provide support to online students by guiding them to the proper personnel to resolve issues and challenges.
- Assist Student Success departments with administrative tasks and academic processing while adhering to all FERPA requirements.
- Assist the Student Success departments with online student activities, workshops, new initiatives, surveys and data collection.
- Assist the Student Success departments with building and maintaining a calendar of events.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associates degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Registrar and student services functions; post-secondary student experience preferred.
- Excellence in verbal and written communications.
- Excellence with critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems like Banner, CampusVue, Peoplesoft and online education platforms such as WebCT or Blackboard preferred. Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications can be considered