Sterile Processing Technician Instructor (CRCST or CSPDT) | Substitute
Instruct and implement the Sterile Processing Technician program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives. Provide oversight of quality and integrity of Sterile Processing Technician program.
On-Site| As Needed | Mon- Fri
* Share your availability when you apply- we'll work with your schedule!
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of sequences.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based on student needs and established curriculum.
- Monitor students' attendance in the program and coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement a plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades by established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate students' performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with the Sterile Processing Technician program curriculum.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when a student’s grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Sterile Processing Technician students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from a Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology program at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or training from an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology or training from an institution located outside of the United States and its territories in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology. OR
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience for applicants who are not graduates from an accredited Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology program.
- Three (3) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a Sterile Processing Technician or in a closely related field.
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing Department Technician (CSPDT) certification
- Current license, certification, or other credentials required by local, state, and/or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and computer skills.
- $23.40 to $32.75 /hourly