Practical Nursing Clinical Instructor - Part-time
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Instruct Nursing students in the clinical setting in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Instruct student clinical experiences and arrange for appropriate clinical experience based on individual student needs.
- Coordinate the clinical education for all students.
- Supervise the students in all clinical experiences.
- Adhere to school and clinical facility as to policy and procedure.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Evaluate student performance and progress in accordance with clinical performance standards.
- Coordinate resolutions to concerns between students and institutional staff members.
- Instructs students in appropriate techniques and methods of the Practical Nursing program.
- Monitor student progress weekly and coordinate with Clinical Director to create Academic Success Plans.
- Attend faculty meetings unless otherwise excused.
- Maintain professionalism in interaction with students, faculty, staff and clinical site personnel.
- Maintain currency in clinical practice and be apprised of changes in the nursing profession.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from a Nursing Education program with national nursing accreditation.
- Graduate degree in nursing preferred. Full time faculty and faculty without a graduate degree may be employed for one year and then are required to complete a graduate degree within the next five (5) years.
- Nursing faculty who teach part time shall hold a minimum of a bachelors degree in nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse providing direct patient care.
- Current active and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in New Mexico or compact state.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer skills.