Online Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) Program Director
• Responsible for the determination, establishment, and implementation of program goals. Develop a Systematic Evaluation Plan, monitor results/outcomes, and lead initiatives for course/programmatic improvement and year-over-year growth.
• Active involvement in improving the program through strategic planning, growth initiatives, curriculum improvements, alumni outreach, fiscal planning, marketing efforts, retention initiatives, and meeting students’ needs.• Organize and oversee all aspects of the RN to BSN Advisory Board following accrediting body standards.• Review applicant transcripts to determine eligibility to enroll in the program and determine any transfer of credit. Conduct a Meet and Greet with each applicant before the program start.
•Collect, compile, and analyze student success rates and other program metrics and prepare reports for accrediting bodies and professional organizations, including the maintenance and preparation of the Program Effectiveness Plan. Implement a Retention Plan based on history and oversee the retention of nursing program students.
•Establish effective student relationships. Advice and counsel students about course performance, schedule changes, academic failures, attendance concerns, etc. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all courses taught in the program.
•Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and advise online leadership of provisions to assist students in meeting course and program objectives.
•Supervise the activities of the BSN online faculty in conjunction with the Online Faculty Coordinators. Review faculty teaching methodologies and course surveys for effectiveness. Respond to questions regarding course content, technology issues, etc.
•Collaborate with the Faculty Coordinators to identify educational workshops and in-services for faculty. Assist in the planning and content of educational workshops as needed.
•Assist the development team in maintaining a functional curriculum that incorporates professional/industry requirements and advisory board input according to the approved design. Evaluate course content and review texts. Assist in developing program outline curriculum, course syllabi, and booklists.
• Participate in activities and committees that contribute to the governance and betterment of the parent institution.
• Promote an environment that encourages cooperation, collaboration, and creativity to advance collaborative efforts with campus nursing programs and various academic departments (e.g. student services, financial services, career services, etc.) to ensure a student-centered experience.
• Attend orientations, meetings, graduation ceremonies, and other campus events as required by the online division.
• Participate in state and local nursing-related organizations especially those related to nursing education.
• Maintain open communication with the State Board of Nursing and Programmatic Accreditation agency to remain cognizant of rules and regulations.
• Monitor experiential learning agreements and experiences. Communicate with course instructors to ensure effective experiential learning.
• Collaborate with the Online Education Director & Associate Director in the design and implementation of the online program.
•Assist with community outreach to develop program awareness. Foster business partnerships.
•Co-chair the Interdisciplinary Student Advisory Board
•Serve as SME in the development and revision of online courses, as necessary.
•Teach students in online courses following established instructor guidelines, as necessary.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduate degree (Master or Doctorate) in Nursing required. -
- Active Registered Nurse license, in good standing with the state board of nursing, required. Multistate Compact License preferred.-
- National Certification as a Nurse Educator preferred.
- Experience teaching in an online or hybrid platform required.
- Five (5) years of experience as a registered nurse, two (2) years of documented experience as a nursing instructor in a program leading to a baccalaureate degree or higher, and two (2) years of documented nursing program administration preferred.
- Willingness to adjust the schedule to the Arizona time zone.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and advising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.