Medical Billing and Coding Instructor Lead
Instruct and implement the Medical Billing and Coding program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives. Provide oversight of quality and integrity of Medical Billing and Coding program.
LEAD INSTRUCTOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Monitor inventory and may order supplies and equipment for department as necessary.
- Participate in Advisory Board Meetings to ensure externship concerns, student progress, student outcomes and community satisfaction are communicated to the Faculty Coordinator and Campus Director.
- Review curriculum and make recommendations to Corporate Education Department during program revision cycles.
- Review textbooks and make recommendations to Corporate Education Department during textbook revision cycles.
- Assist Career Services, to ensure regular contact with sites and to document oversight and evaluation of students on clinical experiences.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Medical Billing and Coding program curriculum.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when a student’s grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Billing and Coding students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate’s degree from an academic institution accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Billing and Coding program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Billing and Coding.
- Three (3) years of full-time occupational experience in Medical Billing and Coding.
- Classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Must hold current Billing and Coding license, certification or other designation as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.