Medical Assistant Instructor - Part-time
Instruct and implement the Medical Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student attendance and grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Medical Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Assisting and three (3) years of occupational experience as a Medical Assistant OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Assistant field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.