Instructional Technology Manager - Online Education
The Online Education Instructional Technology Manager is responsible for ensuring operational efficiencies as well as a high quality and seamless experience for students by providing technical leadership, direction and oversight of the infrastructure for data, storage, network, application support, design, development and security support.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED OUT OF THE
TUCSON CORPORATE OFFICE
- Provide strategic decision support for the selection, implementation, and/or maintenance of a suite of educational technology platforms.
- Work closely with the Corporate IT team on integrations, server configurations, and other systems support needs.
- Work closely with Online leadership on developing and implementing engaging instructional solutions that enhance the teaching and learning experiences.
- Provide leadership to the instructional technology team in planning, coordinating, troubleshooting and maintaining systems in order to optimize efficiencies, stability, and user experience.
- Oversee management of all online technology projects to ensure timelines are met and relevant stakeholders are informed and engaged when appropriate.
- Keep the Online team apprised of advancements in technology and make recommendations for improvements and upgrades when necessary.
- Possess deep functional knowledge of learning management systems and education technology.
- Knowledge of data systems.
- Strong communication skills for collaboration across all business and functional areas.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Two (2) years successful leadership of an Instructional Technology team.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Skills and knowledge working with online education tools and software including learning management systems, student information systems, video hosting platforms, assessment systems, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergencies.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.