Career Prep Instructor- Evenings |Part-Time
San Marcos, California
Implement the Career Prep Curriculum Sequence and instruct students in accordance with curriculum standards and objectives.
6 pm to 10 pm | Tuesday and Thursday
Study Skills | Anatomy, Physiology, and Terminology | Computer Basics | Math Fundamentals | CPR and First Aid (ALT)
- Instruct students in the foundation courses such as mathematics, computers, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, study skills, and first aid.
- Plan instruction of the foundation courses to achieve syllabus objectives.
- Prepare lesson plans that align with the established curriculum and address student needs.
- Assist students in transitioning from the Career Prep Sequence to the Professional Sequences.
- Monitor student attendance and inform the Associate Director/Student Services staff when three or more consecutive absences occur. Prepare weekly attendance reports for the office management staff.
- Review student retention rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Maintain an 80% student retention rate for all classes taught in the sequence.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of the sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Associate Director/Student Services staff when a student’s grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate Degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of instruction/teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, Anatomy, and Physiology, documented by post-secondary education or job experience in the subject matter.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $32.00 TO $41.60 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program