Educate nurse aide students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Delivery of classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction to students.
- Provides an orientation of the students to each clinical facility before beginning the clinical experience.
- Ensures that each student is clearly identified as a student in a manner easily recognizable to Clients, family members, visitors and staff.
- Plans for classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning experiences.
- Completes a skills checklist that demonstrates satisfactory performance of all required skills for each student.
- Completes and maintains student records such as attendance, test scores, etc.
- Ensures that students do not perform any services for which they have not been trained and been found proficient.
- Registered nurse.
- Graduation from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field. Exceptions to this requirement may be justified by documenting that the individual possesses alternative experience or education in the field (e.g. completed course work, related professional certifications, and documentation of expertise) and three (3) years of teaching or occupational experience in the subject field OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience, as described above, for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited program in the field in which they teach.
- Current license, certification or other credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a long term care facility.
- Completion of a course in teaching adults or relevant experience in teaching adults or supervising nurse aides.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.