Practical Nursing Instructor - RN - (Substitute)
Instruct in the Nursing program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum, standards, and objectives. Will have variable classroom and/or clinical teaching workload, depending upon the number of students, the curriculum needs, level of student coursework, the number and geographic locations of clinical facilities and responsibilities related to both student and non student contact hours, in accordance with policies in the Employee Handbook, the Catalog and State Board of Nursing Rules and Regulations.
- Provide didactic and/or clinical learning experiences for students.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and update purpose, mission and objectives of the Nursing Education Program.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans based on approved Course Syllabi, Course Objectives and Course Outlines.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, develop, implement, and evaluate the program of learning.
- Interview and counsel applicants.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the instruction provided by the ANIP and Clinical Faculty.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, develop standards for the admission, progression, and graduation of students.
- Maintain student records.
- Provide personal and academic counseling.
- Upkeep and inventory of Skill Laboratory.
- Recommend new equipment and software.
- Coordinate student activities.
- Provide for the supervision of students.
- Orient and mentor new faculty.
- Maintain successful working relationship with clinical site representatives.
- Schedule and meet with students on regular basis to provide academic feedback.
- Coordinate learning objectives from didactic environment to clinical sites.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- $32.80 to $45.95 per hour