Physical Therapy Assistant Instructor - (Full-Time)
Instruct and implement the Physical Therapist Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of semesters.
- Assess curriculum and provide input based on expectations within the profession and contemporary expertise.
- Participate in the development of processes and procedures to ensure students’ readiness and safety prior to their clinical education experience.
- Participate in continuing education courses to acquire and improve knowledge in teaching methodologies, adult learning and creating effective learning experiences.
- Participate in PMI service and/or professional service events.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, field trips and visits to therapy clinics.
- Prepare lectures, labs and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Physical Therapist Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Physical Therapist Assistant students.
- Participates in projects to assist in meeting department goals as determined by the Program Director.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate’s degree from a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of full-time, or equivalent, post licensure clinical experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapist.
- Documented contemporary expertise in the area of teaching responsibility and knowledge of the content delivery method.
- One (1) year of documented experience as an instructor in a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program preferred.
- Physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who is licensed, registered, or has certification according to regulations in the state in which the program is located.
- A physical therapist or physical therapist assistant may hold a license, registration, or certification from any U.S. jurisdiction unless otherwise indicated in the state practice act where the program is located.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $62,608 to $87,862 full-time annual salary
- Medical (PPO & 2 HDHP with HSA), Dental & Vision
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Leave & Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program