PMI invites you to join our Admissions Team in Seattle, WA! Excellent Compensation! Great Benefits! Generous 401k Match! Employee Owned! Our Admissions Representative opportunity will play a key role in bringing new students into our career programs and providing them with the opportunity to achieve their goals. You will serve as a recruiter and advisor to guide our students into their educational journey. If you have a strong background in sales, are extremely goal oriented, results driven and consider some of your strengths to be communication, relationship building, follow-through, accountability, change management and teamwork- you are encouraged to APPLY!
Our ideal candidates have work experience in:
- Student Admissions
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Competing and Succeeding
Our Ideal candidates are passionate about:
- Motivating people
- Building relationships
- Change Management
- Achieving Goals
- Sales and Metrics
- Collaborate with your Campus Director and your Corporate Director of Admissions to ensure new student targets are met.
- Advise the Corporate Director of Admissions of relevant activities and issues.
- Ensure compliance with all standards of PMI including all federal and state laws and accreditation requirements.
- Initiate contact with prospective students via software, phone, email, text and other communication mediums to provide proactive guidance and support.
- Maintain regular contact with applicants through exceptional communication from the beginning of the enrollment process to the first day of class.
- Facilitate the applicant’s chosen educational pathway by guiding them through the admission process.
- Interview prospective students interested in attending a career program in accordance with established guidelines.
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to Web/Email inquiries.
- Explain academic programs and answer inquires regarding applications, enrollment and courses.
- Utilize reports and tracking tools to assess individual progress against key performance indicators, (i.e., student contacts, interviews, admissions application processing, completion of student retention activities, and student outreach).
- Input information into a database and follow-up with applicants to update statuses.
- Coordinate campus tours.
- Contact prospective students to inform them of future openings for classes.
- Advise students of the various programs and facilitate resolutions to problems on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate required assessment tests, review results and determine ability to benefit with independent test administrator.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid staff to determine the eligibility and start date for students.
- Analyze statistics such as enrollments, starts, follow-ups and marketing data.
- Set and monitor applicant expectations throughout the admissions process and promote effective communication between financial aid, student outreach, and other departments to ensure a seamless experience from applicant to new student.
- Attend job fairs, career fairs and make high school visits to represent Pima and to recruit prospective students.
- Participate in evening and weekend work rotations for the Admissions department, as requested.
- Demonstrate and promote high ethical standards set by Pima Medical Institute, the Department of Education, accreditation, and regulatory bodies.
- Prioritize and manage time to achieve monthly goals on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate and contribute to strong, positive relationships within the team, department, and inter-departmentally.
- Embrace innovation and change in a fast-paced environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Receptive to coaching and feedback, demonstrating the desire to achieve and exceed goals.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of education sales/admissions and recruitment experience.
- Private, proprietary school experience preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of problem solving, conflict resolution, and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Ability to build and sustain trusting relationships
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.