Veterinary Technician Instructor| Temp| Full-Time
Leverage your veterinary experience and expertise into a career in a higher education setting!
As a Veterinary Technician Instructor at Pima Medical Institute, you will be involved in both the growth and development of our students- YOUR students, in addition to the quality of our Veterinary Assistant Certificate and Veterinary Technician Degree Program! PMI will count on your expertise to contribute to the overall success of our students, and prepare them to start their careers to support Veterinarians in veterinary care.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of sequences and courses.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Monitor lab competencies and confirm skill levels on checklists.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with the Program Director and Associate Director Student Services when absences occur two days in a row or exceed four days in one sequence.
- Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program.
- Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and hospitals.
- May assist in externship visitation and performance observation for Veterinary Nursing students.
- Monitor students in the classroom and ensure safety precautions are adhered to
- Licensed veterinarian or a credentialed veterinary technician.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and three (3) years of occupational experience in the veterinary field.
- Graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary technician program.
- Must hold current teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.