Veterinary Assistant Instructor - Part-time
Instruct and implement the Veterinary Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row.
- Maintain student attendance records in accordance with established policies. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Veterinary Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Veterinary Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- May participate in community service projects.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree from an AVMA accredited program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Three (3) years teaching experience in a Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician program and/or three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a Veterinary Assistant.
- Must be a licensed doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) or a credentialed veterinary technician.
- Current license, certification, or other designation as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Veterinary Assistant field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.