Sterile Processing Technician Instructor - Part-Time
Instruct and implement the Sterile Processing Technician program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives. Provide oversight of quality and integrity of Sterile Processing Technician program.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of sequences.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Sterile Processing Technician program curriculum.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when a student’s grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Sterile Processing Technician students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from a Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology program at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or training from an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology or training from an institution located outside of the United States and its territories in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology. OR
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience for applicants who are not graduates from an accredited Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology program.
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a Sterile Processing Technician, or in a closely related field.
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing Department Technician (CSPDT) certification
- Current license, certification or other credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- $23.40 to $32.75 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program