Respiratory Therapy Clinical Instructor - Part-time
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Instruct Respiratory Therapy students in the clinical setting in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Instruct student clinical externships and arrange for appropriate clinical experience based on individual student needs.
- Coordinate the clinical education for all students.
- Supervise the students in all clinical experiences.
- Adhere to school and externship facility as to policy and procedure.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Evaluate student performance and progress in accordance with clinical performance standards.
- Coordinate resolutions to concerns between students and institutional staff members.
- Instructs students in appropriate techniques and methods of the respiratory therapy program.
- Maintain currency in clinical practice and be apprised of changes in the field.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or training from an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Respiratory Therapy OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a hospital/clinical Respiratory Therapy.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) State license.
- Current license, certification or other designation as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the respiratory therapy field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.