Radiography Clinical Instructor
Pima Medical Institute
Instruct Radiography program students in the clinical setting in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Instruct student clinical externships and arrange for appropriate clinical experience based on individual student needs.
- Adhere to school and externship facility as to policy and procedure.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Evaluate student performance and progress in accordance with clinical performance standards.
- Coordinate resolutions to concerns between students and extern site staff members.
- Instructs students in appropriate techniques and methods of the radiography program.
- Maintain currency in clinical practice and be apprised of changes in the field.
- Participate in JRCERT site visits.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree or certificate in Radiography.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration in Radiologic Sciences, or equivalent (i.e., unrestricted state license for the state in which the program is located), and teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a registered radiologic technologist.
- One (1) year of documented experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited Radiography program preferred.
- Proficient in supervision, instruction and evaluation.
- Knowledgeable of course development and academic advising.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.