Physical Therapy Assistant Instructor (PTA or PT) | Full-Time | Day Classes
Las Vegas, Nevada
Instruct and implement the Physical Therapist Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
Education and Training at PMI is a meaningful career!
As a Physical Therapy Assistant Instructor at Pima Medical Institute, you will be involved in both the growth and development of future Physical Therapy Assistants and in the quality of our Physical Therapy Assistant degree program!
We will count on your experience and expertise to train the students to become well-qualified allied health professionals!
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials for semesters.
- Assess curriculum and provide input based on expectations within the profession and contemporary expertise.
- Participate in developing processes and procedures to ensure students’ readiness and safety before their clinical education experience.
- Participate in continuing education courses to acquire and improve knowledge in teaching methodologies, adult learning, and creating practical learning experiences.
- Participate in PMI service and/or professional service events.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based on student needs and established curriculum.
- Monitor students' attendance in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement a plan to reduce student withdrawals. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program.
- Maintain student grades by established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate students' performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, field trips, and visits to therapy clinics.
- Prepare lectures, labs, and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Physical Therapist Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Physical Therapist Assistant students.
- Participates in projects to assist in meeting department goals determined by the Program Director.
- Associate’s degree from a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). A baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years of full-time, or equivalent, post-licensure clinical experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapist.
- Documented contemporary expertise in teaching responsibility and knowledge of the content delivery method.
- One (1) year of documented experience as an instructor in a CAPTE-accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program preferred.
- Physical therapist or physical therapist assistant licensed, registered, or certified according to regulations in the state where the program is located.
- A physical therapist or physical therapist assistant may hold a license, registration, or certification from any U.S. jurisdiction unless otherwise indicated in the state practice act where the program is located.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer skills.