Phlebotomy Technician Clinical Instructor
Pima Medical Institute
San Marcos, CA
Instruct Phlebotomy Technician students in the clinical setting in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Provide appropriate clinical supervision and be responsible for student clinical evaluation.
- Instruct student clinical externships and arrange for appropriate clinical experience based on individual student needs.
- Adhere to school and externship facility as to policy and procedure.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies
- Evaluate student performance and progress in accordance with clinical performance standards.
- Coordinate resolutions to concerns between students and institutional staff members.
- Instructs students in appropriate techniques and methods of the phlebotomy technician program.
- Maintain currency in clinical practice and be apprised of changes in the field.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from an accredited Phlebotomy Technician program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) as a Phlebotomy Technician and Three (3) years of occupational experience as a Phlebotomist in the last five years.
- Must be a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I or Certified Phlebotomy Technician II through the California Department of Public Health Laboratory Field Services.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations preferred.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.