Office Assistant - Part-time
Assist the Associate Degree Program Director and Clinical Director in the management of the program administrative office.
- Receive telephone calls, answer questions, respond accordingly to potential, current and graduate students.
- Type and mail correspondence to potential and current students. Assist with preparation of reports for State agencies and national program accrediting bodies.
- Assist with the typing, filing, copying and data entry. Complete and enter attendance for all program courses. Create and maintain student and faculty files.
- Prepare and disseminate all information regarding students (new and existing) to appropriate staff and personnel and to the students themselves.
- Greet visitors and assist them with their requests. Assist with Student Orientation.
- Work with Campus Staff to check on book orders and coordinate dissemination of texts.
- Assist the Program Director with the revision and preparation of all program documents, and state and national accreditation and approval documents.
- Assist the Program Director with school events such as graduation, new student orientation, advisory committee meetings, clinical faculty member meetings, appreciation events, etc.
- Send for and receive transcripts for student files. Keep track of scores, transcripts and other pertinent information for all potential students and acquire course descriptions for the Program Director’s Review of Transfer Courses.
- Ensure attendance records from faculty are recorded.
- Assist the Program Director in maintaining students’ official transcripts, proof of immunization, pre-requisites, student personal data, etc.
- Assist the Clinical Director in completing student files for field work including managing time sheets and assisting with tallying information from evaluation.
- Assist the Clinical Director in maintaining and updating facility affiliation agreements and files.
- Assist with scheduling of orientation, Advisory Boards and potential student interviews.
- Load syllabi, outlines and grading information into Blackboard for each course for each new semester.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures of specific associate degree program and associated state and national accrediting agencies.
- Manage all office purchasing – completes all purchase orders, reimbursements, check requests, and order all office supplies.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills, proof-reading skills,
- Minimum typing speed required: 50 wpm.
- Computer skills including word processing, power point, excel, setting up webinars, blackboard, etc.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.