Nursing Instructor (RN) | Full-Time
Didactic and Clinical Instruction
If you are passionate about other people’s growth and development, we will train you in our PMI Methods Program- transfer your clinical knowledge and nursing skills into a teaching opportunity!
- Provide didactic and/or clinical learning experiences for students.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans based on approved Course Syllabi, Course Objectives, and Course Outlines.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, develop, implement, and evaluate the program of learning.
- Interview and counsel applicants.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, develop standards for students' admission, progression, and graduation.
- Maintain student records.
- Provide personal and academic counseling.
- Upkeep and inventory of Skill Laboratory.
- Recommend new equipment and software.
- Coordinate student activities.
- Provide for the supervision of students.
- Orient and mentor new faculty.
- Maintain a successful working relationship with clinical site representatives.
- Schedule and meet with students regularly to provide academic feedback.
- Coordinate learning objectives from the didactic environment to clinical sites.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Nursing.
- Master’s degree, preferably in nursing.
- Three (3) years of occupational experience as a Nurse providing direct patient care.
- Current Nursing license in good standing, certification, or other designation required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the field.
- If providing clinical adjunct instruction only, a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing, a graduate of an accredited nursing program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and at least three (3) years of experience as a professional nurse providing direct patient care.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and computer skills.