General Education Instructor - Anatomy and Physiology - (Part-Time)
Instruct and implement general education classes in a specific discipline to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
General Education Instructor for Anatomy and Physiology
Apply today to learn more about the opportunity!
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of sequences.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based on student needs and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement a plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when a student’s grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Master’s degree, in the subject area or closely related subject area being taught, from an academic institution accredited by an agency that is recognized by the Department of Education and/or Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Secondary Education teaching credential and teaching experience or Adult Education teaching experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- $33.00 to $42.90 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program