Financial Aid Officer
El Paso, Texas
Assist students in preparing and packaging their grant and/or loan applications to award funds in accordance with federal guidelines. PMI invites you to lead our team of Financial Advisors in El Paso, Texas! Together, at Pima Medical Institute, it is our mission to improve the quality of people’s lives by providing the best value in medical career education. YOU can help our students achieve their DREAM! If this list below describes you, YOU just might be our ideal candidate! -Banking/Teller experience -Customer Service and Service Recovery Skills -Great Communication skills -Friendly and Helpful -Organized and Detail Oriented -Problem Solving Skills *Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
- Interview prospective students to determine needs assessment and financial aid eligibility. Determine financial aid eligibility for second and third year students. Assist students with financial aid questions.
- Maintain student files to ensure proper financial aid documentation.
- Assist students in completing financial aid forms as required.
- Counsel veteran students and ensure compliance with the Department of Veterans Affairs and State Approving Agency guidelines.
- Coordinate and arrange for required student signatures.
- Contact former students who have an outstanding balance in an effort to establish a private pay repayment plan.
- Coordinate and arrange for proof of eligible non-citizenship status, paid in full default/Pell overpayment documentation.
- Document data into computer for institutional financials for eligible students. Set up a payment plan for students. Establish payment plans for private pay students for all programs.
- Track ISIRs for all current and future students. Complete verification on all selected ISIRs.
- Enter data into computer for date of packaging, releasing of Pell/SEOG funds and status information of loans and date loan applications to lenders.
- Ensure student files are complete to include proof of agency funding. Complete any agency needs analysis forms and submits to the agency.
- Audit each future start packaged file to ensure all awards/financial aid forms are in the file and in proper audit form.
- Notify Admissions staff of no shows for Financial Aid appointments. Reschedule appointments regarding future students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-service focus and skill set.
- Three (3) years of financial aid experience to include knowledge of Title IV funding preferred.
- Computer skills.