Dental Hygiene Clinic Instructor - Part-time
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Instruct and implement the Dental Hygiene program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives. Dental Hygiene Instructors will provide dental related services, and work with students, clinic instructors, and clinical staff as part of the dental clinic. Dental hygiene faculty may also be assigned didactic and laboratory instruction as part of the dental hygiene education program.
- Provide dental hygiene services via the Community Dental Clinic.
- Meet budgetary revenue and expense expectations for Faculty Clinic operations.
- Oversee radiographic exposure and interpretation by student dental hygienist.
- Oversee dental hygiene care plan performed by student dental hygienists.
- Student supervision, clinical evaluation and consultations.
- Supervise care during medical emergencies.
- Collaborate with Clinic Coordinator and Clinical Director regarding recommendations, operations, and practice management of dental clinic.
- Course and/or laboratory instruction as determined by the Dental Hygiene Program Director.
- Participate in the screening and interviewing of prospective students as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings, and participate in faculty in-service training.
- General and Department administrative duties as determined by the Campus Director and the Dental Hygiene Program Director and Clinical Director.
- Provide dental hygiene students with tutoring assistance as needed. Refer students to the Student Services Coordinator if assistance is beyond the instructor’s scope or at the request of the student. The Student Services Coordinator will provide students with assistance to identify outside agencies that specialize with tutoring services meeting specific needs.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Must possess an Associate degree in dental hygiene or dental doctorate degree from an accredited agency that is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Faculty providing didactic instruction must have a baccalaureate degree or be currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as a Dental Hygienist or Dentist.
- Must be a dental hygienist who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Must hold current dental or dental hygiene licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the field.
- Current knowledge of the specific subjects being taught.
- Scope of practice specific certifications required.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.