Dental Hygiene Clinic Instructor - Part-Time | Benefits | Day Classes
Day Classes | On-Site | 32 hours per week | Didactic and Clinical
We are seeking instructors who are excited about teaching the next generation of talented Dental Hygienists! Share your knowledge, passion, and expertise with our students- the future!
PMI provides its instructors with excellent training and teaching methodologies and curriculum to help them become successful and effective instructors!
- Demonstrate and maintain familiarity with program and course objectives- didactic and clinical classes.
- Prepare and deliver instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon established curriculum.
- Implement daily lessons plans and class activities to be reflective of related Program competencies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Monitor attendance of students and coordinate with the Program Director and Student Services Coordinator when absences occur. Prepare attendance reports for course taught for the office management department.
- Maintain student grades and files in accordance with established policies. Prepare midterm and final grades for each course taught and review with students.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform Program Director when a student’s grade average does not meet the minimum requirement of a 77%. Collaborate with Program Director to develop remediation activities as needed.
- Counsel students in coordination with Clinical Director and Program Director.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Ensures academic policies are adhered to by students.
- Provide dental hygiene students with tutoring assistance as needed. Refer students to the Student Services Coordinator if assistance is beyond the instructor’s scope or at the request of the student. The Student Services Coordinator will provide students with assistance to identify outside agencies that specialize with tutoring services meeting specific needs.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of education (USDE).
- Graduate of a Dental Hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental accreditation.
- Three (3) years of full-time clinical experience as a Dental Hygienist or Dentist.
- Must have a current license, certification or other credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the Dental Hygiene field.
- Current knowledge of the specific subjects taught.
- Documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.