Respiratory Therapy Clinical Instructor
San Marcos, California
Instruct Respiratory Therapy students in the clinical setting in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Instruct student clinical externships and arrange for appropriate clinical experience based on individual student needs.
- Coordinate the clinical education for all students.
- Supervise the students in all clinical experiences.
- Adhere to school and externship facility as to policy and procedure.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies
- Evaluate student performance and progress in accordance with clinical performance standards.
- Coordinate resolutions to concerns between students and institutional staff members.
- Instructs students in appropriate techniques and methods of the respiratory therapy program.
- Maintain currency in clinical practice and be apprised of changes in the field.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate’s degree. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Respiratory Therapy.
- Three (3) years of experience as a hospital/clinical respiratory therapist.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) State license.
- Current respiratory therapy and teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.