Medical Assistant - Lab Assistant - Part-time/Mornings
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provides assistance in the education of students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Coordinate with program faculty to develop and implement Lab scenarios.
- Schedule and meet on regular basis with students.
- Schedule and meet on regular basis with Didactic Instructor of specialty area.
- Implement and communicate feedback to Didactic Instructor, Clinical Director and/or Program Director regarding individual student learning and needs.
- Maintain all records on student performance, testing, progression, and written assignments in conjunction with course instructor and ensure files are kept confidential.
- Demonstrate and maintain familiarity with program and course objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with all clinical skills equipment and operation.
- Participate in faculty in services and professional organizations.
- Advise students regarding academic performance.
- Assist in grading student homework and quizzes, based on instructor keys.
- Assist instructor at the end of each module and ensures all check off sheets are complete, signed and turned into Administration in a timely manner.
- Check supplies and prepare requests for the Faculty Coordinator or Office Assistant.
- May assist with preparing and copying materials for class.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Assisting and three (3) years of occupational experience as a Medical Assistant OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Assistant field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.