Financial Aid Officer
Assist students in preparing and packaging their grant and/or loan applications to award funds in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Interview prospective students to determine needs assessment and financial aid eligibility. Determine financial aid eligibility for second and third year students. Assist students with financial aid questions.
- Maintain student files to ensure proper financial aid documentation.
- Assist students in completing financial aid forms as required.
- Coordinate and arrange for required student signatures.
- Contact former students who have an outstanding balance in an effort to establish a private pay repayment plan.
- Coordinate and arrange for proof of eligible non-citizenship status, paid in full default/Pell overpayment documentation.
- Document data into computer for institutional financials for eligible students. Set up a payment plan for students. Establish payment plans for private pay students for all programs.
- Track ISIRs for all current and future students. Complete verification on all selected ISIRs.
- Enter data into computer for date of packaging, releasing of Pell/SEOG funds and status information of loans and date loan applications to lenders.
- Ensure student files are complete to include proof of agency funding. Complete any agency needs analysis forms and submits to the agency.
- Audit each future start packaged file to ensure all awards/financial aid forms are in the file and in proper audit form.
- Notify Admissions staff of no shows for Financial Aid appointments. Reschedule appointments regarding future students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-service focus and skill set.
- Three (3) years of financial aid experience to include knowledge of Title IV funding preferred.
- Computer skills.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.