El Paso, Texas
Provide support in the delivery of instruction and management of the classroom environment to facilitate success and retention of faculty and students.
- Maintain master copies of Pima Medical Institute curricula.
- Oversee the implementation of Pima Medical Institute curricula.
- Participate in the screening, interviewing, and recommend final selection of instructors.
- Orient newly hired instructors to Pima Medical Institute policies, procedures, and curricula.
- Write instructor 30, 90, and annual performance evaluations. Review instructor performance evaluations with Campus Director and participate in their delivery to faculty.
- Maintain a substitute instructor list for each program and substitute teach as necessary.
- Mentor instructors in educational methodologies and classroom management.
- Observe classroom instruction. Meet with individual instructors to review and assess observations and develop strategies for instructional improvement and growth.
- Assist instructors with the development of class calendars/schedules, instructional materials and the coordination of guest speakers and field trips.
- Survey students to evaluate classroom instruction. Meet with individual instructors to review and assess survey results and develop strategies for instructional improvement and growth.
- Provide Campus Director with results of student surveys.
- Provide on-site instructor continuing education opportunities.
- Maintain continuing education records for faculty.
- Conduct faculty (all instructors) and departmental (specific program instructors) meetings.
- Coordinate with Corporate Education Director to ensure adherence to Pima Medical Institute policies, procedures, and curricula.
- Coordinate with Corporate Education Director to ensure the flow of information between the campus and the Corporate Education Department.
- Participate in campus and program Advisory Committee meetings.
- Participate in the annual budget preparation and review of programmatic income statements.
- Participate in campus graduation ceremonies and encourage faculty attendance.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Baccalaureate degree in Education or related field from an institution accredited by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Five (5) years of classroom experience teaching adults.
- Knowledge of educational theory and methods.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
- Experience in an Allied Health profession preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.