Career Services Coordinator
Oversee all efforts relating to externship placement for all students and procurement of employment for all graduates of Pima Medical Institute.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to achieve graduate employment goals.
- Attend new student orientations to discuss and present the role of PMI’s Career Services Department.
- Update data base of employers / externship sites with all new opportunities, as well as externship placements and job placement information.
- Monitor ongoing externship and graduate placement efforts provided by all Career Services Advisors; assist Advisors with externship placement, as required.
- Ensure every new site is qualified, following ABHES standards, and all necessary paperwork is completed prior to any student commencing externship with the site.
- Communicate externship requirements to students prior to externship and ensure all externship requirements are met before externship commences.
- Provide job placement assistance, as necessary, for all not-yet-placed graduates.
- Counsel and assist new and current extern and graduate students with job related issues.
- Counsel Career Services staff to ensure student success.
- Collaborate with campus staff and faculty to resolve student concerns with externship and graduate placement.
- Conduct site visits to ensure student progress via Midterm Evaluations.
- Assist with exit interviews with all students upon completion of their externship.
- Conduct job search workshops to assist and train students with networking, resume and cover letter writing, on-line job searches, soft skills and interviewing techniques.
- Assist with coordination of certification testing for graduates.
- Generate ABHES Graduate and Employer Surveys and compile data for benefit of Advisory Boards, PMI Education Department and reporting requirements, as necessary.
- Maintain Clinical Extern Affiliate Surveys (questions completed by Site Supervisors on Final Evaluations); scan and save on the shared drive: CampusFolders/Career Services folder.
- Maintain Student Externship Surveys (completed by all Certificate degree students at their Exit Interview immediately following externship) in a three-ring binder, filed by program of study, in alpha order.
- Generate follow-up calls, e-mails, texts, etc. to all not-yet-placed graduates to ensure ongoing contact and update of graduates’ employment information in data base.
- Maintain current data and generate reports to monitor externship and job placement statistics and ongoing progress; prepare job trend analysis and surveys.
- Coordinate Advisory Board meetings, including entry of requisite data in employer data base; select new members for the Board and work with Faculty Coordinator to facilitate meetings.
- Coordinate and attend Job / Career Fairs, and externship site and agency appreciation events; participate in campus and off-campus events, including graduation and marketing events.
- Conduct weekly site visits for the express purpose of enhancing existing relationships with employers / sites and establishing new partnership opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison between PMI students and clinics, hospitals, laboratories and medical facilities for the purpose of establishing and continuing ongoing partnerships with extern sites and employers.
- Complete preliminary performance evaluations for all Career Services Advisors (Campus Director to review, sign off and forward to Human Resources) and counsel Career Services staff with job-related issues.
- Monitor work of all Career Services team members to ensure minimum 70% placement rate in all programs.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum typing speed required:50 wpm.
- Computer and word processing skills.
- Minimum three (3) years of recruiting/placement, marketing, public relations and/or teaching experience.
- Networking skills.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.