Instruct and implement the Medical Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and counsel student with Medical Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Administrative Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom.
- Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant (MDA) program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of experience as an MDA.
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience is required for instructors who have not graduated from an accredited MDA program.
- Must hold current certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.