The Clinical Director will oversee and work with faculty, staff, and students associated with the dental hygiene clinic and coordinate the clinical education and instruction of students in the Dental Hygiene program.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Participate in curriculum review and faculty orientation.
- Participate in applicant interviews and candidate selection process.
- Participate and attend faculty and advisory board meetings.
- Manage and serve as mentor to clinic coordinators.
- Manage the daily activities of clinics.
- Recruit, train, mentor and evaluate clinical faculty.
- Schedule and chair clinic meetings.
- Evaluate, revise, and update all clinical policies and procedures (i.e. clinic manual) related to occupational safety, HIPAA, quality assurance, and student clinical procedures and assessments as needed per clinic committee recommendations.
- Manage patient complaints and concerns.
- Assist in the recruitment of patients.
- Train and supervise clinical staff.
- Oversee the ordering of clinical supplies and maintain clinic and lab equipment.
- Monitor clinical expenses and ensure expenditures are within the annual clinic budget.
- Work with Clinical Coordinators to review student clinical performance and recommend remediation plans when necessary.
- Coordinate with Program Director to ensure clinical education is reflective of related program competencies.
- Perform functions of a dental hygiene instructor by participating in classroom, skills and clinical instruction.
- Establish an manager relationships and affiliation agreements with external clinical sites when indicated.
- Represent Pima Medical Institute at professional meetings and functions.
- Provide dental hygiene students with tutoring assistance as needed. Refer students to the Student Services Coordinator if assistance is beyond the instructor's scope or at the request of the student. The Student Services Coordinator will provide students with assistance to identify outside agencies that specialize with tutoring services meeting specific needs.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program at an accredited institution. A Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience as a dental hygienist or dentist preferred.
- Licensed or certified by the appropriate agencies as a dental hygienist or a dentist.
- Must hold current dental or dental hygiene licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Current knowledge of the specific subjects being taught.
- Must be a dental hygienist who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Scope of practice specific certifications required.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.