Implement the Career Prep Curriculum Sequence and instruct students in accordance with curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Instruct students in the foundation courses such as mathematics, computers, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, study skills and first aid.
- Plan instruction of the foundation courses to achieve syllabus objectives.
- Prepare lesson plans that align with established curriculum and address student needs.
- Assist students in transitioning from the Career Prep Sequence to the Professional Sequences.
- Monitor student attendance and inform the Associate Director/Student Services staff when three or more consecutive absences occur. Prepare weekly attendance reports for the office management staff.
- Review student retention rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Maintain an 80% student retention rate for all classes taught in the sequence.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of the sequence to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Monitor student academic progress and inform the Associate Director/Student Services staff when a student's grade average for any course drops below 77%.
- Associate Degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of instruction/teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, documented by post-secondary education or job experience in the subject matter.
- Must hold a current teaching license, certification or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
About Pima Medical Institute
As a family owned and operated school system, Pima Medical Institute has maintained a student-centered philosophy since opening the doors in 1972. The guiding philosophy of the institute is based in a firm belief in the worth and potential of each student. Following the belief that the seeds for future growth must be planted in the classroom, PMI has become one of the leading medical career colleges in the Western United States. PMI takes pride in its unique programs, quality of training, and professional environment that promote a student's sense of discovery, excellence, and self-worth.
Thousands graduate each year with a Certificate or Degree from PMI, and the majority of those graduates are placed into jobs. We are committed to preparing competent medical professionals who can meet the expectations of 21st century employers. At Pima Medical Institute, we measure our success by the success our students find in their new career field.
The mission of the institute is to improve the quality of people's lives by providing the best value in medical career education.
Check us out on Glassdoor!