Coordinate the admissions process to ensure enrollments in the various career programs and provide continuous advisement to prospective students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Collaborate with Campus Director and Lead Medical Career Specialist to ensure new student targets are met.
- Advise the Corporate Director of Admissions of relevant activities and issues.
- Ensure compliance with all standards of PMI including all federal and state laws and accreditation requirements.
- Guide school applicants through the application and admission process.
- Interview prospective students interested in attending a career program in accordance with established guidelines.
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to Web/Email inquiries.
- Explain academic programs and answer inquires regarding applications, enrollment and courses.
- Input information into a database and follow-up with applicants to update statuses.
- Coordinate campus tours.
- Contact prospective students to inform them of future openings for classes.
- Advise students of the various programs and facilitate resolutions to problems on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate required assessment tests, review results and determine ability to benefit with independent test administrator.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid staff to determine the eligibility and start date for students.
- Analyze statistics such as enrollments, starts, follow ups and marketing data.
- Attend job fairs, career fairs and make high school visits to represent Pima and to recruit prospective students.
- Participate in evening and weekend work rotations for the Admissions department, as requested.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Three (3) years of education sales/admissions and recruitment experience.
- Private, proprietary school experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
About Pima Medical Institute
As a family owned and operated school system, Pima Medical Institute has maintained a student-centered philosophy since opening the doors in 1972. The guiding philosophy of the institute is based in a firm belief in the worth and potential of each student. Following the belief that the seeds for future growth must be planted in the classroom, PMI has become one of the leading medical career colleges in the Western United States. PMI takes pride in its unique programs, quality of training, and professional environment that promote a student's sense of discovery, excellence, and self-worth.
Thousands graduate each year with a Certificate or Degree from PMI, and the majority of those graduates are placed into jobs. We are committed to preparing competent medical professionals who can meet the expectations of 21st century employers. At Pima Medical Institute, we measure our success by the success our students find in their new career field.
The mission of the institute is to improve the quality of people's lives by providing the best value in medical career education.
Opportunities and Benefits
- Compensation Plan including merit increases
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Reimbursement
Check us out on Glassdoor!