PART-TIME / EVENINGS
Instruct and implement the Medical Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student attendance and grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Medical Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Assisting and three (3) years of occupational experience as a Medical Assistant OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Assistant field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.