Provides assistance in the education of students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Coordinate with program faculty to develop and implement Lab scenarios.
- Schedule and meet on regular basis with students.
- Schedule and meet on regular basis with Didactic Instructor of specialty area.
- Implement and communicate feedback to Didactic Instructor, Clinical Director and/or Program Director regarding individual student learning and needs.
- Maintain all records on student performance, testing, progression, and written assignments in conjunction with course instructor and ensure files are kept confidential.
- Demonstrate and maintain familiarity with program and course objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with all clinical skills equipment and operation.
- Participate in faculty in services and professional organizations.
- Advise students regarding academic performance.
- Assist in grading student homework and quizzes, based on instructor keys.
- Assist instructor at the end of each module and ensures all check off sheets are complete, signed and turned into Administration in a timely manner.
- Check supplies and prepare requests for the Faculty Coordinator or Office Assistant.
- May assist with preparing and copying materials for class.
- Licensed veterinarian or a credentialed veterinary technician.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and three (3) years of occupational experience in the veterinary field OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of occupational experience for instructors that have not graduated from an accredited veterinary technician or veterinarian program.
- Graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary technician or Veterinarian program preferred.
- Must hold current teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.