Instruct and implement the Medical Administrative Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Maintain student attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise student with Medical Administrative Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Medical Administrative Assistant students.
- Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Administrative Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a graduate of an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Medical Administrative Assisting and three (3) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a Medical Administrative Assistant OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Medical Administrative Assistant program.
- Current licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Medical Administrative Assistant field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer skills.