THIS JOB IS EXPIRED
Physical Therapist Assistant Instructor
440 days ago
Instruct and implement the Physical Therapist Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of semesters.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, field trips and visits to therapy clinics.
- Prepare lectures, labs and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and counsel students with Physical Therapist Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Physical Therapist Assistant students.
- Participates in projects to assist in meeting department goals as determined by the Program Director.
- Associate degree.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred for instructing occupational courses.
- Instructors teaching general education courses must possess a bachelor’s degree with appropriate education in specific courses being taught.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapist program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of experience as a physical therapist assistant or physical therapist.
- One (1) year of documented experience as an instructor in a CAPTE accredited Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapy program preferred.
- Must hold current physical therapist assistant or physical therapist and teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.